Welcome to Blue Dive…
The best Scuba diving from Port Douglas
Submerge in affordable luxury with the Premier Five Star PADI Instructor Development Dive Resort
Dive in small personal groups with the most dynamic and experienced dive team in Port Douglas – Copied often but never beaten.
All our trips are guaranteed to go to the best OUTER Reef where the great visibility “makes” the reef – smaller boats cannot guarantee this.
The off-shore Low Isles are very nice for snorkelling – but they are not a good diving destination. Visibility is a maximum of 5 metres – that’s why all Blue Dive trips go to the outer reef for the abundant marine life, coral and visibility.
Blue Dive – Rated No. 1 of ‘Things to do’ on Trip Advisor.
Teeming with underwater life the Great Barrier Reef is, without doubt, one of the truly great natural wonders of the world – and the very best way you can experience it is underwater – scuba diving off the Port Douglas coast in Blue Dive style.
The professional yet friendly international team at Blue Dive are deeply committed to bringing you safe, quality and personal PADI scuba diving instruction and expert private guiding to beginners and experienced divers alike.
All scuba diving trips go to the outer Great Barrier Reef on some superb vessels. It is worth checking that your trips is going to the best outer reefs when you book as some of the small dive boats cannot guarantee this.
Please Contact us with requests – snorkellers welcome on all trips.
Our PADI courses and dive trips are mainly conducted on the excellent dive boat Poseidon – on the unrivalled Agincourt Ribbon Reefs on the outer Great Barrier Reef.
No two day rush courses at Blue Dive – simply quality PADI teaching on our three day courses which include 2 FULL days diving the best outer reefs.
We can also complete courses and privately guided introductory trips on the luxurious Calypso on the turquoise blue Opal Reef Complex.
Blue Dive Overnight Scuba Liveaboards – Maximum 12 divers!
And we now offer top of the range overnight scuba safaris on our luxury boat Blue Dive – The Boss. Get away from it all – Maximum only 12 divers so no mass diving here.
Also available for private charter.
Superb privately guided day trips on Poseidon and Calypso
If day trips suit better book your own expert Blue Dive guide to show you the best of the Great Barrier Reef.
Exciting privately guided scuba day trips for qualified divers
The outer Great Barrier Reef off Port Douglas
The Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority – in their 2012/13 Reef Report – said that the Agincourt Ribbon Reefs and the Opal Reef Complex were the “best and most pristine examples of coral reefs in the whole GBR”.
We can book you for some lovely snorkelling at the off-shore Low isles, but for divers it’s the outer reefs where you really want to be – for the much better marine live and visibility.
At Blue Dive we are proudly involved in several campaigns to defend the quality of the Great Barrier Reef.
If you want to see how Blue Dive is actively engaged in defence of our marvellous Great Barrier Reef please watch this short video produced by Helen De Ross from Bendigo Bank in Port Douglas:
Great flight rates to Cairns
Tiger Air: And now fly here at great rates from Melbourne or Sydney to stylish tropical Port Douglas, only one hour north of Cairns
Blue Dive – Rated No. 1 of ‘Things to do’ on Trip Advisor
• All PADI Courses from the Open Water Course up to Divemaster
• Exciting privately guided scuba trips for qualified divers
• Privately guided introductory dive trips for non-qualified divers
• Refresher sessions for those who haven’t dived for a while
• Day dive trips to Lake Eacham – a volcanic crater lake surrounded by lush rainforest.
• Complimentary Scuba refresher sessions can be included at no extra cost on all privately guided reef trips.
Three great reasons to dive with Blue Dive
1. No mass diving at Blue Dive – no diving in other divers bubbles, enjoy the reef as it should be seen in your own small group.
2. Dive with the knowledge that you will be looked after very safely and that you are diving with the Premier Port Douglas PADI 5 Star Instructor Development Resort. Blue Dive has assembled the most experienced, safety conscious yet fun and friendly team of professional dive instructors in north Queensland.
3. We have a policy of taking a maximum of 5 on PADI Open Water Courses and Advanced Courses as it means we can give expert and individual attention to each student – it’s a bit like the small school classes issue. It’s much, much better for the learning to dive experience.
And we now have an on-line option for the theory parts of the Open Water, Advanced, Rescue and Divemaster courses. This can be completed before you arrive saving you time on your well-deserved holiday. Click below for PADI Elearning.